Tuesday, October 2, 2012

REPORT #10 2

"Okay, how the hell did you travel from wherever the fuck you lived to Maine?" I asked.

"Well I wasn't too far away, Assachusetts isn't across the country you know." Replied Leliel.

I walked towards him and popped a few quarters into the soda machine.

"Why the hell does everyone gotta be so damn vague about any type of messaging around me? Shamshel did the same and has went off the deep end and he hasn't updated in a while."

Leliel shook in his seat and looked down at the ground.

"I wiped my blog... I don't know how to deal with this man." Leliel told me, he sounded oddly serious.

The soda machine dispensed a fresh Coca Cola, I took it and broke the seal.

"That seems to be the most common response. 'I don't know what to do.' Well, I am still searching for the answer myself. Right now I focus on minimal confrontation and getting in and out of places. I have already stayed in Maine for longer than I should have."

I took a seat next to him and held the can in front of him.

"Care for a sip?"

He did not respond. If anyone happened to look upon the scene I imagine it would be pretty funny. Ghostface offering a ex-swat a can of cola in the middle of night. Makes as much sense as it sounds.

I was not sure how to offer advice, I had no real idea what I was doing and so couldn't tell him what to do or go.

The air began to feel very chilly and I had not put on much. Thank goodness for the fact I always wear gloves or else i'd be short a few digits now. We both shivered in our seats.

"How long do you plan on doing it? Running, I mean." Leliel at last said.

"As long as I can. I thought you were well versed in the Mythos. Anyone who stops, dies, anyone who isn't fast enough dies, anyone fucking retarded enough to FIGHT it dies. I have looked for an alternative and I can't find anything solid and reliable."

After that, we both sat long in thought. Neither wanting to restart the conversation.

"I can tell you are the type who wants to fight instead of flee," I said.

"Some true advice, which you probably have heard before. Fighting him is like trying to break down a mountain using solely your nose. Its impossible. I know its been said over a thousand times by many different people, you need to have it drilled into your memory and keep it as fact."

Leliel then looked at me, or so I thought, hard to tell with the mask, and stood up.

"It's hard, its obvious that if I stay, I die, but if I run, I believe I will be extending a death sentence. Tell me, do you plan on running for your entire life?"

God damn it, the eternal question. Early into my haunting I also thought of this. I assume everyone else does.

"There is no answer, you know this."

And once more we slipped into silence. I had considered breaking neutrality and forming a team with Leliel before. He's a good person, but his mind is wrapped in confusion and it clouds his actions.

"Its getting cold, or rather, too cold for my liking. You have legitimate questions that, frankly, no one can answer except yourself. Are you staying in Maine for long?" I asked as I stood up as well and stuffed my hands into my pockets.

"My plan was to come to Maine and have a chat with you, that is completed. Now I think I shall stick with you. Just for a little bit though, until I can decide on what to do."

And with that, we parted for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment